Does Target Price Match? – Yes!
Hey! Let’s talk about Target Price Match Guarantee. Since 1994, Target’s tagline is “Expect More. Pay Less”. So, simply it’s the best to buy.
If we can expect to pay less, does Target match prices? The answer is, absolutely, yes.
But there are a few rules, limits, and exceptions. So we will explain everything to get the best deals possible.
Moreover, we did all the research to create this handy guide to help you save a big amount while you price match at Target.
Little Bit About Target.com
|Industry Type||Retail Public|
|Founded||June 24, 1902 (corporation)
January 5, 1962 (store)
1000 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, Minnesota, U.S.
Number of locations
|1,938 stores (2023)|
|United States, Canada|
|Chairman & CEO||Brian C. Cornell|
|Products||Beauty and Health Products
Clothing and Accessories
Lawn and Garden
Number of employees
|409,000 (till 2020)|
What is Target’s price match policy?
Here are the details of the Target Price Match Policy:
If you are used to shopping at Target. In between, you find a lower price from a local competitor on the same item you bought from Target.
Well! You may apply for the price match guarantee at Target. They’ll match those prices up to 14 days from the purchase day.
But remember one thing, item is available in-stock and identical. Moreover, they considers any store within 25 miles a local competitor.
Original receipts or packing slips are required for price adjustments after purchase.
Target Price Match Policy Details
|Time-Frame:||Within 14 days of purchase|
|Exclusions:||Clearance items, third-party sellers, alcoholic beverages, + more|
|Where to Redeem:||In-store at any lane or at guest services|
Alaska and Hawaii Target stores are excluded from price matching online competitors.
How Do I Do Target Price Matches Manually?
Now, you might want to start with trying to do Target price matches yourself. Follow these steps.
- Show them the product they want.
- Scan the QR code of it or tell them its name or SKU.
- Show them the competitor’s prices.
- Get a discount matching or beating the price of competitors.
The item must have the identical brand, size, color, quantity, and model number. It also available in stock.
Which Items Excluded from Target Price Match?
Yes, there are some important exclusions…
- Clearance, closeout, liquidation sales, damaged, used, open package, refurbished, pre-owned, or rent/lease to own items, storewide or category promotions, offers advertised as % or $ off, non-branded items, or prices that only display on a website after guests log in.
- Pricing due to typographical errors, competitor doorbusters/lightning sales (including Amazon Prime or Amazon Fresh Exclusive offers), coupon offers, loyalty cards, promotional codes, credit card offers, gift card offers (Target gift card, specialty, and pre-paid gift card), financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers.
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales. Target suspends price matching from Thanksgiving Day through the entire week after Thanksgiving.
- Find more information on exclusions: Click here.
If you find a pricing error, you can let them know about it, and maybe they’ll give you a discount for your honesty.
Does Target Price Match Amazon?
Yeah. Target will match ANY Amazon.com price as long as the item is sold by Amazon itself and not by a third party.
Can You Get a Price Match on Black Friday?
No, unluckily Target does not offer price matches on Black Friday & between Thanksgiving Day and the Monday after Thanksgiving, also known as Cyber Monday.
What is the procedure for Target Price Adjustment?
Guests can request a price adjustment by bringing in a valid receipt, ad, or online confirmation within 14 days of purchase.
Target Price Adjustment Policy allows guests to get a refund for the difference between the Target price and a lower price.
This policy excludes clearance, digital, and food products.
Target Near Me
Click here to get Target Location & you can visit the Target store which is near you.
Target Customer Service
Click here & you can get all the customer care services for your ease.
Target Price Match is indeed helpful to you for saving much. Within 14 days, you can visit the store or apply online for a refund.
Having any issues regarding the same, you may leave your comment using comment box. Thanks…
FAQs For Target Price Match
1. Can I Price Match Groceries?
- Produce items must be identical.
- Items need to be sold in the same unit of measure.
- Non-SuperTargets can’t match per-pound items.
2. Does Target Price Match Costco?
Sure, Target will price match both Costco and Costco.com.
Finding identical items at both retailers is often hard, but you can do it.
3. What is considered a local retail competitor when requesting a price match?
The store or Target.com Guest Services must confirm the local competitor’s website or ad to price match.
Target won’t price match if the pricing can’t be verified.
4. Do item prices vary between Target.com and Target stores?
Pricing, promotions, styles, and availability may differ between stores and online.
5. Does Target offer rain checks?
You can get a rain check if a sale item isn’t at your Target. You can use the rain check at any Target store for 30-45 days (varies by state).
6. What works as proof for a price match request?
- Local printed ads: Digital versions of printed advertisements are accepted.
- Online prices: Present the price on your mobile device from a qualifying competitor’s website or Target.com.
Will my RedCard 5% discount work on a price-matched item?
Yes. It will work, but some restrictions apply, which you can see by clicking here.
Can Target Team Member discounts be used on a price match?
Yes. If you are a staff member then you can price match competitors.
Does the item have to be in stock to qualify for a price match?
Obviously yes. The item needs to be in stock while requesting a price match with a competitor. Target.com does not price match with other rivals.